Who we are
Our website address is: https://buildbackfossilfree.org
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Why do we collect your Personal Data?
Build Back Fossil Free is working to build a better climate future. The participation of people like you is crucial to achieving our mission to battle climate change. We are stronger when we collaborate, and climate change can only be addressed if we work together. Bringing people together is critical to how we make a difference. Staying in touch with supporters and Website users at the right time, in the right way and with the right information is vital to our success and to the mobilization of our diverse team and its ability to make an impact.
To this end, we collect information about you, which helps us:
- communicate with you effectively and to mobilize our members (including showing you campaigns and other content that are most likely to matter to you);
- keep the network of supporters thriving and effective and to extend our reach;
- promote and fund our campaigns and petitions and maximize their impact;
- have our voice heard with the media;
- work together to put pressure on leaders and governments;
All of which serve our mission of bringing people together to combat climate change.
When we say “Personal Data” we mean any information about you from which you can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of Personal Data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title, identification number.
- Contact Data includes email address, telephone numbers, location, country, language preference
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website, together with information about the device(s) used;
- Profile Data includes your username and password, if you have created an account
- User Record Data includes information you have voluntarily provided about your interests, preferences, feedback, survey responses, comments, personalized messages from you, public comments submitted, and your response to any polls or surveys. We also keep records of each time you complete a campaign action, whenever you subscribed or unsubscribed to a mailing list, whether you acted in response to a mailing, social media, or through another source, details of phone calls with you, credit for sharing links (eg by “Tell A Friend” emails or social media postings), and any other information you share when you take any action with 350.org, online or otherwise;
- Volunteer Data includes information about whether you are interested in volunteering, and, if so, what types of activity you would like to be involved in;
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website and also how you engage with our content (below under “Data relating to Updates and Email Tracking” for more information;
- Mailing Data includes mailings between us (including date/timestamp of mailing, content of mailing, language of mailing, topic categories);
- Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving communications from us and, where applicable, your opt-in to receive such communications.
If you visit the login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We use analytics to monitor and improve this website. Our analytics are not shared with any third parties, and respect the “Do Not Track” setting found in most modern web browsers.